Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Getting Schooled by Karma

Everyone has pet peeves or things that make them nuts for no real reason. One pet peeve of mine is people who misspell the word lose as loose and vice versa. I have no real explanation as to why, but when I see someone write "He is loosing the race." it makes me want to scream.

So today, I received this email:

"Hey, on your website you misspell "stationery" (with an 'e') as "stationary" (with an 'a'). Spelled that way, 'stationary' means standing still. With an e it's the stuff you write on."


For the past 12 years I have been misspelling "stationery!" I don't think I ever realized or noticed that it was misspelled! I just pictured this guy going through the site, pulling his hair and screaming "Aaaacckkkk!!!" He couldn't take it anymore and let me know. And believe me it was appreciated. Color me red! I feel so foolish now.

1 comment:

Jennifer Olson | Pretty Eats Blog said...

I've been doing this, as well. I always thought I was a smarty for not misspelling there, their and they're... hmm, learn something new everyday!